Wednesday, September 29, 2010

kenia fernandez 140 07 FA10

The person that i chosed it is my mother Leticia D, i decided to  use her as an example because i know how hard she struggle in order to accomplish her dreams. My mother Leticia Delgado used to live in Ensenada Baja California, Mexico with her parents. She has 6 sisters and 4 brothers, my grandfather about 30 years ago had a conservative mind or more clarified he was an ignorant person. He believed that women were for serving their husbands or men and men were the ones that have to work. Thus, he didnt let any of his daughters to go to school and if they wanted to go to school none of the received support from them. Even my grandmother didnt have the potential to help her daughters because she respected the thoughts of my grandfather. None of the sisters of my mother studied except my mother, she had to work behind my grandfathers back for one to two years at the most. After two years or less she gathered enough money in order to register in college and buy everything she needed. Obviously, my grandfather didnt know she was going to school, my grandmother invented some stuff in order to cover my mothers back and suddenly my mother decided to talk to my grandfather in order to stop dealing with problems and concentrate in her career. My mother had to keep working because my grandfather didnt gave her money, he just gave her permission to go to school. More over she was a full student, had a full time job, got married all this equal to stress. I think the most that i admire from her is that she never give up, even if she had all this responsabilities. Moreover she had to go to school everyday, work everyday, do homework almost everyday, take care of the house and still finished her school in four years. The worst was that she lived in a very small house where it was not very comfortable for doing homework or responsabilities. Lastly, she got pregnant in last year of college so she got even more responsabilities and stress, but she accomplished her dream of becoming an accountant. Now a days she has a bachelors degree in accountancy, works at a company here in the United States, and also works for other people as a private accountant. I also admire her because she loves to be updated and still take some classes in colleges just to learn more about what she loves accounting. And the most important i decided she is a succesful women because she has everything a women will like. When i see her driving her sports car i reflect myself owning that car and enjoying life just like her. Leticia D, is a example of women whom suffered a lot but work really hard to accomplished what she wanted. She is an example to follow because she demostrated that anything in this live it is impossible and most importantly showed that women are equal to men by defending her rights of studying. Another quality of my mother is that because she struggle a lot in order to accomplish her dreams, now my sister and i are very lucky to have her because she supports us with everything we need and want.

No comments:

Post a Comment